I really appreciate all of the personal experiences you’ve discussed throughout your answer to this question!  I absolutely agree that while technology and media are on the rise, libraries should not be eradicated from schools and need to remain a foundational feature of schools.  Immediately after reading the question, I thought of my experiences throughout practicum, and what it would be like to have libraries vanish from schools.  I was placed in a school where the majority of students come from low income backgrounds, and the library was a tremendous resource.  Our library day happened to fall on Wednesdays, which was the day we taught in the classrooms, and the students always looked forward to selecting new books to read along with being shown the latest Battle Books.  In fact, one of the days in practicum our class got to go skating, and there was almost an uproar when they found out they would be missing their library time!  Also, to address the point of “lost instruction time” that the article acknowledges, our students were also taught about media literacy during their time spent in the library.  To me, this is invaluable instruction as it often doesn’t occur within the curriculum taught within the classroom, at least in my experiences.  This goes to show how much the students enjoy having a learning space outside of the classroom, and how important it is.  I also didn’t realize the impact of having books in the classroom versus centralized in the library until reading this article and reviewing your response.  The classroom I was placed in had an entire bookshelf containing hundreds of books, but now I’m realizing that I never saw a single student pick out a book from their own classroom when they could just select a library book.  This seems profound to me, and I believe it is further evidence that removing libraries from schools would be detrimental to the students at that school.  Further, as you pointed out, having a space outside of the classroom can be difficult to find, and the library is often utilized for that specific purpose.  I remember being a student-athlete, and missing countless tests that occurred on Fridays.  I would request a quiet room to do my makeup tests, and I was always placed in the library.  To conclude, I hope the future consists of technology and media resources within libraries in order to bring the two worlds together.  I see a lot of harm in removing libraries, and only positive potential in combining technology within libraries.